Severe Penalties For A Repeat DWI
The state of Texas aggressively prosecutes those who are convicted to a second or more DWI offense. While the penalties for the first DWI may have been overwhelming, each repeat offense results in much more severe consequences.
If you are facing the possibility of a repeat DWI conviction, it is critical that you have zealous criminal defense on your side fighting to protect you from the full brunt of prosecution.
Fighting The Severe Consequences You Could Face For A Repeat DWI
Sentencing for repeat DWI offenses includes:
- Even your second DWI could result in up to a year of jail time.
- Your third DWI can get you anywhere from two to 10 years in jail.
- Each DWI after your second is considered a felony charge.
- With a repeat DWI, you could lose your license for up to two years.
- Each additional DWI conviction results in thousands of more dollars in fines and surcharges.
- After your second DWI, you will be required to pay to have an interlock device installed on your vehicle.
At Serna & Serna, P.L.L.C. Attorneys at Law, we have the aggressive defense you need on your side if you are facing these charges. Our attorneys will thoroughly investigate the charges you face and work zealously with the prosecutor to minimize the charges against you and seek the most advantageous outcome possible.
We have been successful in helping clients avoid the degree of sentencing they would have otherwise faced without our assistance. The outcome of your case lies in the quality of your representation and your lawyer’s commitment to fighting on your behalf. We prove each day that we care what happens to our clients, and we are dedicated to achieving the best outcome possible in each case we handle.
If you are facing a repeat DWI conviction, please contact our law offices today for a consultation.